Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Small firms wait on government help for carbon cuts

Greenbang’s advice would be, don’t. The government is slow – it’s known about climate change for decades – and believes enough is already being done.

Cutting carbon and all things green, right down to eating properly, is your own  responsibility and Greenbang is afraid you’re going to be waiting in a very long Post Office queue for your hand out on advice.

But here’s the research anyway. Greenbang just thought he’d give his opinion before you had even read it.

More than 85 per cent of UK SMEs claim going green will be a part of their business strategy over the next five years, according to research from fast-growing UK ISP Eclipse Internet.

But the research also shows SMEs don’t believe government is doing enough to support their carbon-cutting efforts, resulting in them not being able to take advantage of new working practices which provide significant environmental savings.

The research sends a strong message to the government, whilst most SMEs are making efforts to reduce their environmental impact there is a significant knowledge gap that needs to be addressed. Almost 82% of UK businesses surveyed believe they need to be given more guidelines from government on how to cut their carbon footprint. Only 10% of those surveyed think they know what they are doing when it comes to going green, leaving a staggering 90% of businesses with a lack of understanding.

1 Comment

  • zupakomputer
    Posted November 8, 2007 at 7:26 pm

    re: water technologies,

    1. Reichian cloudbusters

    2. Viktor Schauberger

    3. hydro-electric generators in pressure-delivery water systems, even in grey-water recycling & reedbed-style water treatment systems

    4. remember the Romans: water delivery without need for electricity, hydro-electric generators can be used in those systems too

    Trees naturally pump water upwards from the ground roots to their uppermost branches too.

    It’s just a matter of harnessing the water already flowing – wind and water turbines are the updated versions of windmills and watermills of course.

Comments are closed.

The Global View creates and curates research, perspectives and intelligence on the modern leader’s agenda.

Subscribe Now

Get our latest research papers and amazing posts directly in your email.

Loading

The   Global view © 2022. All Rights Reserved.