Don’t worry if you can’t keep up with all the latest developments in cleantech: Greenbang’s here with your daily roundup of headlines you might have missed:
- Adding cheap forest carbon credits to the global carbon credit market could undermine climate change efforts and hurt cleantech investments, according to a new report from Greenpeace;
- The US Department of Defense has awarded a grant to Energy Focus to develop an LED infrared flare device;
- Bjorn Stigson, president of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, warned last week that Europe is falling behind the US and China in green technology development;
- Australia recently began taking bids ten offshore areas to be used for carbon dioxide sequestration;
- Habitat for Humanity is seeking LEED Platinum certification for two new green homes it’s built in Portland, Oregon;
- China this week announced new subsidies to spur the development of the solar energy market;
- Non-hydro-powered renewable energy production increased by 17.6 percent last year, according to the Energy Information Administration.