Skipped a few headlines yesterday? No problem: Greenbang is here with your daily roundup of cleantech news you might have missed:
- The Solar Electric Vehicle Team at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology recently unveiled its latest model: Eleanor. The team plans to race the solar-powered car in the World Solar Challenge in Australia this October;
- Florida’s Gainesville Regional Utilities this week launched a feed-in tariff program — a first for the US — allowing customers to sell back to the utility surplus power they generate from solar energy;
- Lotus Cars recently announced the debut of the “Omnivore,” a vehicle that can run on standard petrol, ethanol, diesel or other biofuels;
- Nissan this week signed an agreement with Portugal to study an investment of €300 million to €400 million to build a battery production plant for electric cars (free subscription required);
- European scientists have published a paper identifying potential health risks associated with nanomaterials in consumer products.