Missed a few cleantech headlines over the past 24 hours? Here are a few news stories and developments you might have missed:
- The Carbon Trust has awarded a Belfast firm more than £153,000 to help develop an innovative electricity-generating wave energy converter;
- US scientists have unveiled a nanogenerator that could let users recharge batteries through body movements;
- Toyota says it expects to install solar panels in some new versions of its Prius hybrid;
- David Warren, the UK Ambassador to Japan, this week launched Yanmar’s first commercial combined heat and power (CHP) system in the UK; the unit will supply efficient, low-carbon energy to the residential headquarters of Tyneside Cyrenians, a Newcastle homelessness charity;
- Europeans are using too much water, and many parts of the continent aren’t able to replenish supplies naturally enough to keep up with demand, according to a new report from the European Environment Agency.