Because you can’t follow all the latest cleantech news around the clock, here is Greenbang’s daily summary of headlines and developments you might have missed:
- Switzerland-based Oerlikon Solar is cutting back staff and hours in the face of business slowed by the global recession;
- WSP Group and Telehouse Europe have announced that Telehouse West, a new £80-million state-of-the-art data centre in London, will transform generated waste heat into energy for the local Docklands community;
- Opcon AB, the energy and environmental technology Group, has signed a binding letter of intent to acquire 75 per cent of Saxlund Holding AB, which is one of Northern Europe’s leading suppliers of equipment for bioenergy plants;
- The Vatican’s plans for a 100-megawatt solar installation would make it a net energy exporter by 2014, according to The Cleantech Group;
- Researchers at the University of Michigan have developed a concrete material that can heal itself when it cracks. No human intervention is necessary — just water and carbon dioxide.