Looking for your daily dose of news summaries and headlines from the cleantech sector? Here’s Greenbang’s roundup of news you might have missed:
- National Geographic has published a photo feature of a Paris suburb being designed with green-roofed high-rises, renewable energy and a rapid transit line to the city;
- The US Environmental Protection Agency has issued a finding that greenhouse gases contribute to air pollution that may endanger public health or welfare;
- A Czech-German research team has found that animals’ ability to navigate by magnetic fields is hampered in the presence of high-voltage power lines;
- GE Energy is teaming with the Australian government in an effort to develop and deploy carbon capture and storage projects worldwide;
- Speaking with Der Spiegel, Michel Mallet, the general manager of French energy firm Total’s German operations, warned that people need to “save, save, save” on energy consumption to ensure stable fossil fuel supplies in coming years.