Cleantech news as it happens — check back for regular updates:
- The Guardian reports it’s seen leaked documents indicating that London Mayor Boris Johnson plans to cut the city’s environmental staff in half;
- The UK government today launched a “Get a bag habit” campaign to encourage shoppers to use reusable carrier bags;
- Scientists at The University of Nottingham are looking at ways to produce banana-based briquettes that could be burnt for cooking and heating in Africa, where bananas are a staple crop in many countries;
- ENN reports that a growing number of US states are requiring homebuilders to require solar energy options in new construction;
- The British Science Festival – one of Europe’s largest public science events – will be coming to Birmingham in September 2010, the British Science Association and Aston University have jointly announced;
- An Internet technology developed at the National University of Ireland, Galway, is to be used by President Obama’s administration in its new website — Recovery.gov — devoted to the $800 billion economic stimulus package.