Cleantech news as it happens — check back for regular updates:
- Studies of climate evolution and the ecology of past-times are often hampered by lost information — lost variables needed to complete the picture have been long thought untraceable but scientists have created a formula which will fill in the gaps of our knowledge and will help predict the future;
- Earthscan Publishing has released a new book titled, “Voluntary Carbon Markets: An International Business Guide to What They Are and How They Work”;
- SolarEdge Technologies, an Israeli solar power harvesting start-up, will publicly reveal its technology for the first time at Intersolar Munich 2009, taking place next week from 27 – 29 May;
- Sanyo Electric Co. has broken its own record for the world’s highest energy conversion efficiency in practical size (100 cm2 or more) crystalline silicon-type solar cells, achieving a efficiency of 23.0 per cent (until now 22.3%) at a research level for its proprietary HIT solar photovoltaic cells;
- Satcon Technology Corporation will display its 1 MW PowerGate® Plus PV inverter at Intersolar Munich 2009, taking place next week from 27 – 29 May.