Cleantech news as it happens — check back for regular updates:
- Siemens Energy has developed a new gas-insulated medium-voltage switchgear that can operate wind turbines at a voltage of 36 kilovolts and is more compact for easier accommodation in wind turbine towers;
- New research reveals there is strong support among the UK public for ambitious Government action to decarbonise the nation’s housing stock;
- The Climate Group today launched the Hong Kong Carbon Reduction Campaign, Hong Kong’s first cross-industry collaboration among responsible companies on climate change mitigation;
- A joint team of researchers at Centro de Física de Materiales of CSIC/UPV-EHU in San Sebastian, Spain; Harvard University, US; and the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry in Germany reports an innovative method for controlling light on the nanoscale that could open the door for extremely fast photodetectors for information processing;
- Researchers at Karlstad University in Sweden are collaborating with Deutsche Telekom Laboratories to test a new technology for fully wireless networks that don’t require any cable-based connections to the Internet.