Cleantech news as it happens — check back for regular updates:
- SINTEF ICT and a group of industrial companies from Ireland, Sweden and Norway are currently forming an alliance that will help to give the aviation industry greener and more rapid routes across Europe;
- Geologists at the University of Leicester have shown that an ancient Ice Age, once regarded as a brief “blip,” in fact lasted for 30 million years;
- Jacob Ziv is winner of the first edition of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards in the Information and Communication Technologies category;
- The first industrial-scale facility to use a new Bayer technology to treat waste air has been started up at Europe’s largest lead manufacturer, Berzelius Stolberg GmbH in North Rhine-Westphalia;
- ERTICO-ITS Europe, a public-private partnership organisation of Intelligent Transportation Systems stakeholders across Europe, recently held its General Assembly and a series of high level ITS workshops in the Château du Lac, Genval, Belgium;
- Solar Power Inc. has executed a two-megawatt supply agreement with Bayer and Raach, a German solar installation company serving the residential and commercial market segments throughout Germany and Southern Europe;
- The first Green Britain Day is scheduled for 10 July.