Missed a few of the latest cleantech headlines? Greenbang is here to keep you up to date:
- Honda plans to build a research and test facility in Kazusa Akademia Park that will research practical ways to produce non-food-based cellulosic ethanol;
- First Direct says it’s become the first UK bank to receive certification from the Carbon Trust Standard. The bank has reduced its annual carbon emissions by 14 percent since 2007;
- The Telegraph reports that Japanese researchers are working to develop a flexible wallpaper television screen based on organic electroluminescence (OLED) technology;
- Pacific Ethanol says low oil prices have made it necessary to temporarily shut down its ethanol plant in Idaho;
- Earth Biofuels is changing its name to Evolution Energy as part of a new business strategy focusing on the development of renewable energy.