The inaugural event for ecoConnect’s Women in Cleantech initiative is scheduled for 6 to 9 pm Wednesday, May 19, at the offices of Smith & Williamson in London. The kickoff will feature a panel discussion about a variety of issues, including:
- What unique strengths do women bring to cleantech businesses?
- Where are today’s hot areas for employment?
- Who are the key women players and role models in the cleantech industry?
- Is there a glass ceiling?
- Where are the skills gaps?
- What steps are being taken — or should be taken — to recruit women into the sector?
- Where are the industry’s future key women executives going to come from?
Among the panelists will be Debby Lloyd, managing director of ecoSearch; Dr. Rebeccah Harding, managing director of Delta Economics; Diana Verde Nieto, founder and CEO of Clownfish; and Mym Simcock, CEO of Freepower Ltd. Chantal Cooke, co-founder of Passion for the Planet Radio, will moderate the discussion, and chairing the event will be Catherine Bowers, director of ecoConnect CIC.
Drinks and canapés will be served after the discussion.
The Women in Cleantech initiative aims to bring together participants from every level of the industry from boardroom to aspiring entrant. ecoConnect also hosts the popular Green in the City series, which brings together leaders from all disciplines to increase the faster adoption of green technology.